Defense Counsel-Only War Room: Examining the Latest Strategies for Defeating Plaintiffs’ Bar Tactics in Drug and Device Cases
Co-Chair, Product Liability and Mass Torts Practice
King & Spalding
Julie M. Lewis
General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
Carestream Health (Rochester, NY)
Open to defense counsel only – Join your peers for a candid discussion of what is currently happening in the defense-counsel trenches of drug and medical device products liability litigation. Setting the stage for topics discussed in depth throughout the main event, this interactive session will feature audience polling to identify the latest challenges being faced by the defense bar as well as valuable takeaways about what your peers from around the country are seeing in plaintiff bar tactics in drug and device cases. Topics for discussion will include:
- Examining the latest theories of liability plaintiffs are using in products liability cases against drug and device manufacturers around the country
- What are the new mass torts and MDLS being seen and where is the plaintiffs’ bar headed in these cases?
- Proactively identifying drugs or devices which may be ripe for mass tort litigation in 2021 and beyond
- Deconstructing recent noteworthy jury verdicts and identifying what themes are presently resonating with juries
- Litigation tactics in aggregated cases: strategies for managing and defending multiple plaintiff trials
- Notable defense success stories seen in motions to dismiss and other dispositive motions
- Identifying and tackling the latest challenges being faced by the defense bar with regard to discovery
- The latest defense tactics for handling punitive damages
- Key players: which plaintiff firms are currently driving litigation, and who are the frequently testifying experts to look out for?
- Defending against junk science and using good science/literature to bolster your defense
Complete the form below to download the recording of the webinar.
How We Will Use Your Data
If you decide that you no longer wish to receive information about our events and products, you can contact us any time at [email protected]. Each of our marketing communications (whether by email, phone, facsimile, post or SMS) will also include an appropriate and easy way for you to unsubscribe.
American Conference Institute
Two Park Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10016 USA
E: [email protected]