The Compliance Monitor’s Perspective
Where Companies Have Gone Right and Wrong on FCPA Compliance and Remediation
Past compliance monitors will provide practical guidance that can help to move your program forward, including:
- Taking stock of anti-corruption compliance successes and missteps
- How to conduct an effective compliance review and leverage the findings to revise your policies and procedures
- Implementing compliance upgrades and
improved training programs
- Strengthening corporate culture and how to
“right the ship” upon discovering a potential issue
- Metrics that have proven useful in the context
of measuring compliance upgrades and
- Navigating a monitorship -and the challenges
faced by both the company and monitor
- Overcoming “on the ground” hurdles to remediation
Third Party, M & A and JV Due Diligence: What’s Keeping You Up at Night?
Experts Take Your Most Burning Questions and Share Lessons from High Stakes Dilemmas
Based on popular demand, ACI has added a second open Q & A session to ensure that participants have more time to ask their questions. Experts will be on hand to offer candid insights and best practices for confronting some of the most complicated grey areas posed by third parties, M & As and JVs. No question is off the table!
Questions may be submitted anonymously in advance of the session.
Accounting & Internal Controls
“Creating a Risk of Bribery”: What is Now Recommended for “Adequate” Internal Controls, Books and Records, and G & E Programs
- What recent enforcement cases reveal about SEC expectations for internal controls
- Accounting violations in the absence of bribery charges: What does it mean to “create a risk” of bribery?
- Identifying systematic patterns of bribery in your books and records
- How to determine whether or not your internal controls adequately address risk, types of products, geographical considerations and other key risk factors
- “Right-Sizing” your G & E program: Tailoring controls (including approvals processes) to the level of risk