C5 Group is hiring an energetic, experienced events professional. The primary role and responsibility of the Event Manager is to source, contract venues to implement and execute the meeting logistics for the 140+ conferences held domestically and internationally by the C5 Group Inc. The position will report to the Director of Global Events. This role will touch a total of 25 live and virtual events a year. The role will be a critical, contributing team member and will work with the cross functional teams, consultants and vendors to ensure smooth and engaging event for our partners.
The incumbent may work on larger events and will have developed strong negotiating and contract management skills. The incumbent works in tandem with all the departments of C5 Group to make recommendations regarding the theme, agenda and location of events, while logistical decisions are made independently.
American Conference Institute (ACI) is devoted to providing the business intelligence that decision makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world. American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge. Headquartered in New York City, ACI has grown to produce more than 140 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.
- Research suppliers, event concepts and cost proposals and execute events upon approval;
- Develop partnerships with internal departments, understanding their needs to provide a program suitable to CI’s attendees and sponsors;
- Manage all projects to assigned budgets by optimizing expenses, negotiating multiple supplier contracts with the assistance of the leadership. Submit invoices, expenses and visa bills for payment in a timely fashion;
- Contribute to CI’s revenue by effectively servicing marketing strategic efforts;
- Appropriately manage suppliers, looking for cost savings onsite;
- Develop gift/ giveaway ideas for events, and co-ordinate ordering, imprinting and shipping arrangements with Coordinator;
- Provides input and creative ideas on aligning events/conferences with marketing plans;
- Assists the Production Team in marketing the event/conference to top potential and existing clients during the event.
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a high-pressure environment;
- Well-honed time management skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills;
- Strong negotiating and contract management skills;
- Extensive and current knowledge of event venues, entertainment options and contacts in the GTA, North America and International.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years event planning experience preferably in a corporate office environment
- Specific industry designation e.g. CMP or CSEP is preferred;
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles;
- Ability to independently manage and execute assigned programs;
- Strong client service focus;
- Ability to problem solve under pressure (e.g. time constraints, demanding attendees and speakers, change in requirements);
- Flexibility to work outside of business hours including working evenings;
- Ability to travel to off-site venues for the duration of an event.
The C5 Group of companies consisting of The Canadian Institute (CI) and American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in the US and Canada and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in joining the team?
If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]