Obstetrics malpractice claims continue to be the most expensive within the medical malpractice arena. In 2019, there were several multi-million-dollar verdicts alone.
During this one of a kind event, our unparalleled faculty of claims specialists, risk managers, medical experts – as well as an outstanding array of plaintiff and defense attorneys – will share their insights and practical guidance for addressing some of the most complex medical challenges of today, as well as litigation hurdles facing obstetric malpractice practitioners.
Session highlights for this year, include
- Exploring Obstetrical Catastrophes: Placental Abruption, Uterine Rupture and Breech Presentations
- An Anatomy of a Modern Malpractice Trial Considering Rising Verdicts
- Assessing Claims Against L&D Nurses and Midwives in OB cases
- Evaluating the Feasibility and Success of Early Resolution
- Analyzing the Use of Telehealth in Obstetric Services
- Damages’ Expert Selection and Preparation
- A Case Study of Zubida Byrom, et al vs John Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Inc.
- Developing Internal Investigating Protocols for Significant High Visibility Events
- Reducing the Number of Obstetrics Claims and Improving Patient Safety by Artificial Intelligence
Daniel J. Huff
Huff, Powell & Bailey, LLC
Daryl L. Zaslow
Eichen Crutchlow Zaslow, LLP
This conference is one of the best-kept secrets in OB Malpractice continuing education! It sources the leaders in both medicine & law and provides both the plaintiff & defense perspective.
The seminar offered a wide variety of very relevant topics and speakers, fostering a diverse discussion among attendees about varying views on the topics presented.
Extremely high caliber of information, expertise and especially hearing from physicians who offer practical insight and experiences.