Be a part of the nation’s leading EPLI forum. ACI’s 23rd installment is returning to NYC for its summer installment with speakers from all over the nation to ensure you are prepared to manage and defend against the increasing number of EPLI claims being filed.
The program has been revamped and updated to include enhanced industry perspectives, and account for new developments, strategies and industry trends. Claims professionals, underwriters, risk managers, in-house counsel, and outside counsel must thoroughly understand the ever changing EPLI market with new coverage options, ways to reduce costs of defending against and settling EPLI claims, and how to minimize exposure to risk.
Sessions for this summer include:
- Trends in the EPLI marketplace given new sources of claims including systemic discrimination cases, agency-initiated class action-type cases, and coordination among federal offices pursuing investigations and litigation against employers
- Recent case law regarding coverage underlying workplace class actions and EPL, EEOC pattern and practice claims, and court review of EEOC conciliation efforts
- Wage & hour and EPLI: the market, coverage needs, the latest on exclusions, coverage buy back and sublimits, and best practices for mitigating exposure to claims
- Pregnancy accommodation claims and their interplay with EPLI
- ADA and FMLA: coverage complexities, “hot button” accommodation issues, and solutions for minimizing exposure to disability discrimination/FMLA claims
- The impact of social media in the workplace: benchmarking best practices and policies in today’s cyber-culture
- NLRB’s continued scrutiny over employers’ practices that “chill” concerted activity
- Current trends in workplace harassment: bullying, religious discrimination, and third-party discrimination
- Retaliation and whistleblowing claims in today’s workplace culture: EPLI coverage given the expanded scope of anti-retaliation provisions
- Triangular relationship of insurers, insureds, and defense counsel: minimizing ethical issues; conflicts that require intervention with regard to how the claim is defended, coverage issues and late reporting of claim; cost effective ways to work together; evaluating an EPL case for settlement consideration & best practices for efficiently resolving an EPL claim
- Background checks, criminal history checks, and credit checks and impact on EPLI
- Legalized marijuana, medical marijuana, and bringing concealed weapons into the workplace: the implications for employers and coverage
- Examining the nuances of joint employer cases, NLRB guidance on where the liability falls, and beyond
This event will fill up quickly, so register now by calling 1-888-224-2480, faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563 or registering online.