Prepare to Negotiate: A Manufacturers Guide to New Medicare Drug Pricing Provisions under the Inflation Reduction Act
Sidley Austin LLP
The Inflation Reduction Act marks a monumental shift in Medicare drug pricing policy.
The legislation, signed in August 2022, follows a period of vigorous debate, and previous proposals to change how the government purchases drugs from pharmaceutical manufacturers for the Medicare program. The drug pricing provisions set out in the IRA are complex and include a slate of new obligations and considerations for the pharmaceutical manufacturers, most notably mandatory pricing negotiations on the costliest drugs.
This webinar will provide a timely analysis of the legislation, and projected impact on drug manufacturers and the pharmaceutical industry, as well as a practical hypothetical on negotiation.
Key points of discussion include:
- Examining key provisions in the IRA for manufacturers to consider
- Identifying what drugs will be subject to negotiation
- Negotiation timelines and process
- Enforcement landscape
- Analysis of the implications for drug manufacturers
- Examining how the negotiation provisions will impact product prices
- Maximum fair price calculations
- Understanding the mechanics of rebate calculations for Medicare Part B and D
- Gain a deeper understanding of how drug pricing reforms will be applied in the real world through hypothetical examples
- Participate in an interactive Q&A
The webinar download will be available within the next couple of days. Please bookmark this page and check back soon.
How We Will Use Your Data
American Conference Institute has not authorized the use or sale of its list by any outside organization. Anyone claiming to have our list is not legitimate.
If you decide that you no longer wish to receive information about our events and products, you can contact us any time at [email protected]. Each of our marketing communications (whether by email, phone, facsimile, post or SMS) will also include an appropriate and easy way for you to unsubscribe.
American Conference Institute
Two Park Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10016 USA
E: [email protected]