2023 REVIEW: The Clients’ Perspective: Views from In-House Labor and Employment Counsel on Current Trends in the EPLI Marketplace and Post-Pandemic Drivers That Are Underlying the Purchase of Coverage
Beth Mabe Gianopulos
Senior Associate, General Counsel
Senior Counsel, Employment Law, North America
Accenture Federal Services
- When is coverage triggered and needed?
- Avoiding lawsuits by minimizing claims: Early resolution strategies:
- Predicting value of claim if litigated
- Defining costs of claim
- Resolving claims early: What do you need to know within the first 60 days
- Best practices for controlling the cost of the defense of claims
- Payouts; Alternative fee arrangements
- Implementing internal cost-reduction procedures
- Reducing the costs associated with the use of defense counsel
- Pitfalls employers should avoid while easing their COVID-era policies
- Vaccination policy trends:
- Which precautionary policies are being retained?
- What kinds of claims are still popping up around vaccination?
- Which reasonable accommodations are being preserved?
- What are the greatest post-pandemic risks around claims?
- Staying compliant with jurisdictional post-COVID requirements: NY, CA
- Practical applications of EEOC post-COVID guidelines
- OSHA requirements and any new guidance
- I-9 compliance: How to update your virtually inspected forms