2023 REVIEW: Views from the Brokers/Carriers on Claim Trends, New Products Entering into the Market, Underwriting Considerations, Plus Insights on the Defense Counsel Panel
Executive Vice President - North American Practice Leader – ProEx
Brian D. Smith
Senior Vice President
Erin K. Mannesto, J.D.
Complex Claims Analyst, Financial Lines & Liability – North America
- How brokers are approaching the market: View from the brokers on what clients are most concerned about
- Underwriting considerations as they relate to claims trends and market conditions
- How carriers are responding to EPL claims
- Bringing new products to market: Identifying coverage gaps in the market; underwriting concerns; claims considerations and current exclusions
- Key trends to watch out for:
- The Pregnancy Fairness Act: What is a known accommodation? Where do regulations stand?
- To what extent are marijuana claims on the rise: Setting the record straight on the present and future of liability risks
- Use of AI in the Workplace: How might it impact claims?
- Non competes under the microscope: Impact on claims risk
- Claims severity: Types of claims and industries with the most claims
- Social inflation’s impact on increased cost of settlements
- Is the industry seeing a backlog of claims coming to light?
- Late claim reporting
- Foreign claims: Insuring US companies with foreign locations; insuring domestic companies with foreign origins; which carriers have these polices and what is being covered