With FIRRMA Implementation Fast Approaching, Gain the Necessary Tools to Ensure Deal Success Under Growing CFIUS Scrutiny
On September 17, 2019, the U.S. Department of the Treasury issued over 300 pages of proposed regulations to implement the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act of 2018 (“FIRRMA”). This legislation is the first in over a decade to expand the scope of inbound foreign investment subject to review by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (“CFIUS”), and the final regulations become effective on February 13, 2020.
In this critical time of transition for dealmakers and foreign investment, we invite you to join your peers at American Conference Institute’s 6th National Conference on CFIUS. This is the only event on the market that offers a unique opportunity to engage with the “who’s who” of the CFIUS and Team Telecom bar – including government, industry and private practice leaders involved in some of the most high-profile transactions to date.
Gain Critical Insights on
- The New CFIUS Environment Post-FIRRMA Implementation
- Increased Scrutiny of Critical Technology and the Impact of New Export Control Rules
- Guidance for Deals Involving Critical Infrastructure and Sensitive Personal Data
- What it Means to Be an Excepted Investor Under the New CFIUS Regulations
- Overcoming the Pressure Points of the New CFIUS Filing & Declaration Processes
- Implementing Mitigation Steps Early in a Transaction’s Life Cycle Before CFIUS Does
- Managing Increased Efforts in Post-Agreement Monitoring, Compliance & Enforcement
- FIRRMA’s Impact on Private Equity, Venture Capital and Investment Deal Structuring
- CFIUS’s New Reach Over Real Estate Transactions
- Managing Cross-Border Coordination Amidst the Latest Developments Around the Globe
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
Private Equity Professionals