AUDIENCE POLLING AND INTERACTIVE BENCHMARKING
Integrating Export Controls and Sanctions for an Optimal Compliance Program: Revisiting Your Organization’s Risk Profile and Detecting Program Weak Spots
Chief Counsel, Global Trade Controls
White & Case LLP
Panelists will describe the evolution of their sanctions and export control compliance programs, lessons learned, what tools they have used, and other hallmarks of a best-in-class program to maintain compliance while maintaining supply due diligence and keeping supply chains moving.
- Delve into certain components that companies have integrated within their current processes
- Industry specific challenges – Semiconductor companies, telecommunication companies, aerospace companies, O&G, etc.
- Program differences and similarities between industries
- Working with verified entities – How much due diligence is enough?
- How to conduct a sanctions risk assessment as part of your compliance program
- Keeping up with evolving export control requirements
- Assessing the benefits of self-disclosure amid a possible violation
- Getting buy-in for compliance efforts from the top down
- Resource challenges: Getting top down buy-in